Feefo Accreditation For Glasswells5th February 2016
An Easy Pancake Recipe8th February 2016
Wood is a natural product, and therefore no two pieces are identical in terms of markings or knots. However, caring for your items is easy, and there are several ways you can make sure you prolong the life of your wooden furniture. Follow the tips below!
- Do not place furniture near heat sources on air conditioning units.
- Avoid changes in humidity & especially steam.
- Always leave a gap behind wardrobes & wall units to allow air to circulate.
- Protect furniture from strong or prolonged daylight.
- Avoid marking furniture with sharp objects, for example when using a ballpoint pen.
- Carefully lift your furniture, never drag or push it. Heavy furniture will leave indentations in carpets, and if dragged may leave markings on wooden flooring.
- Do not rock backwards on dining chairs.
- Always follow fitting instructions for wall-fixings, glass surfaces and shelves.
- Uneven flooring can give the impression that doors of wall units and wardrobes are not aligned. Be aware of this & compensate if necessary by adjusting hinges or packing a corner to level the item.
- Do not place hot dishes, cups or plates on any wooden surface. Use insulated mats for protection.
- Don’t over-strain drop flap stays & hinges, or place heavy items onto glass shelves.
- Take care not to drag crockery across the wood surface or to put heavy items on the surface without protection.
Always follow manufacturers cleaning guidelines to the letter.
Most lacquer or synthetic finishes on real wood give a semi-permanent barrier to make cleaning as easy as possible.
Assume all wooden furniture will not resist water, chemicals or heat.
Natural waxed finishes are porous & will stain easily.
Gently dust your furniture & polish with a soft, lint-free buffing cloth.
Regularly move ornaments & expose extension leaves to avoid noticeable colour differences from sunlight exposure.
Never use silicon or wax polishes that leave residue on surfaces.
Only use quality wax-free proprietary polish, & only where recommended by the manufacturer.
Disconnect any in-cabinet light fittings from the mains before changing bulbs.
Dining chair upholstery can be lightly hoovered or brushed to remove any dust.
Blot up anything that you spill immediately.
Do not try to wash or rub spills & do not use detergents under any circumstances.
Finger marks can be removed with a clean, slightly damp cloth.
Protect wood surfaces with felt under-cloths & place mats.
If you scratch any of your wooden furniture, the best idea is to employ a professional polisher. Contact us for details.