Glasswells Ipswich 10th Anniversary10th October 2018
Black Friday Deals19th November 2018
• 4 tbsp. vegetable oil,
plus extra for brushing
• 2 onions finely chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 225g fresh beef mince
• 2 tsp. dried cumin
• 2 tsp. smoked paprika
• 55g cheddar cheese, grated
• 4 fresh red chillies, deseeded
and finely chopped
• 400g can of chopped tomatoes
• 115g tomato purée
• Pinch dried oregano
• Dash Tabasco sauce
• 1 tsp. sugar
• 125ml double cream
• 18 flour tortillas or corn tortillas
• 4 tbsp grated mature cheddar cheese
- Heat 1 tbsp. of oil in a large sauté pan.
- Add three quarters of the onions and half the garlic.
- Cook over a low heat, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add the beef, along with the cayenne pepper, cumin and paprika. Increase the heat to medium.
- Stir frequently, breaking up the mince, using a wooden spoon for 10 minutes. Remove from heat & transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the cheese & three quarters of the chilies, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
To make the sauce:
- Heat the remaining oil in a saucepan, and add the remaining onion, garlic & chilli.
- Cook over a medium heat, stirring occasionally for 8 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato purée, oregano, Tabasco sauce and sugar. Season to taste with salt and pepper & cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Stir in cream, reduce the heat. Cover & simmer, stirring in occasionally for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat & slightly cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Heat a frying pan & brush with oil.
- One at a time, dip the tortillas in the tomato sauce and shake off the excess. Cook for 30 seconds on each side in the frying pan.
- Transfer to a large plate, put a tablespoon of the beef mixture into the centre & roll up.
- Put the filled tortilla into a large casserole dish & pour in the remaining tomato sauce. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese & bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.