Choosing A Dining Table3rd December 2018
Dimplex Winter Warmers16th December 2018
Tired of boring normal egg nog & want to try something new? Why not try our little twist on the traditional Christmas beverage by adding salted caramel sauce! You can thank us later!
- In a mixing bowl (like these Joseph Joseph ones), beat your egg yolks until they lighten in colour. Gradually add the sugar until it is all dissolved. Then add the milk, cream and bourbon. Make sure you ate stirring constantly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites in to soft peaks. Add a tablespoon of sugar until the peaks become firmer.
- Whisk the egg whites into the mixture. Chill the mixture in the fridge for a few hours, or until needed.
- Finally, mix in your salted caramel sauce. Add in as much or as little as you like.
- When serving your egg nog, pour into glasses & grate fresh nutmeg over the top. Finish off with a cinnamon stick.
So there you have it, our egg nog recipe with a twist. Now all that’s left for you to do is to put your feet up by the fire!