Christmas Eve Sleep
Christmas Eve is stressful enough without having to contend with little ones that won’t go to bed! Try the following tips & tricks to make the day, and most importantly the night, go as smoothly as possible.
- Ensure it’s a busy day! Lots of playing & activities, outside if possible. Walk to shops, making Christmas cakes, playing in the garden. Anything to make sure they’re exhausted by the end of the day!
- Bath time. A warm bath with lavender bubble bath makes them sleepy & more ready for bed.
- Bedtime story. Once bath time is over, straight to bed & time for a story. Find a Christmas classic & get comfy! The calmer they are, the more likely they’ll fall asleep quickly!
- Comfy bed linen. Brushed cotton is a great choice as it is so cosy & warm. Try this range from Belledorm, available in 3 colours.
- Most importantly, set an alarm. Make it clear that Christmas only starts at this time! When they wake during the night they’re much more likely to go back to sleep again if they know Christmas hasn’t started.